Does Your School have an Archery Program?
Educators want to help students develop micro and macro motor ability and listening and observation skills.
Wildlife Conservation agencies are concerned too many young people are forgoing learning outdoor skills that will inspire them to spend more time with wild things in wild places.
The National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP©) was developed to serve these specific educational and conservation purposes.
The Program has 3 core areas:
- Archery Curriculum: Units of Study were written by Education, Conservation, and Target archery experts to meet state and national educational standards.
- Teacher Training: Instructor Training was developed so teachers in every participating school could be certified to present NASP® lessons that are safe for students, instructors, bystanders, and the facility.
- Standard Equipment: Archery Equipment used in NASP® is highly standardized to be safe, durable, economical, and most importantly, universal fit for almost every student.
The Benefits of Archery
Safe (even fewer injuries reported than in golf)
Appeals to Boys and Girls
- An all-year round sport
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Promotes Team Work and Individual Performance
- Participants do not have to be “top athletes”
- Promotes concentration and precision
- Promotes outdoor activities and the study of nature
Make Your Own Arrows
We here at Bitzenburger think that adding the skill of making your own arrows to any school archery program would be a great enhancement. Not only would it teach a new skill associated with archery, but it adds a new element of creativity and precision to the sport.
The Bitzenburger Fletching Jig provides a way to make the perfect arrow every time. It takes the guess work out of the proper placement of feathers.
How cool would it be for you students to use their own arrows that they made? It would boost their confidence and add another layer of their commitment and investment to the sport.
If you are interested in finding out how to add making arrows to your archery program contact us here.Read More